Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Reflection 5 : Technology


Dee Lee


It’s hard to imagine our life without technology in these days. Everything around us connected with technology. It’s like the air that we take grant for its existence. It’s same in my life. I think that I can’t survive without technology. For example, I make my music with computer, not with real instruments. All the things that I use when I make music are technology. Then let’s count out all technologies in a day that I use. When I wake up, I drink water in the fridge. And I take a shower with running heated water, I check e-mail, take a bus… It’s even hard to list because all of my life connected with technology. It might be easier to list not connected with technology. However, we all know that all the things aren’t necessary in our life. For example, a dish washer is so luxury in my life. Just use your hands lazy women! It might be necessary to others, but not to me. It’s complicate to judge which technology is necessary or not because it depends on the situation the people live. For me, MP3 player is necessary even if many people don’t agree with. Without music, I can live, but I don’t want to live without music. So it’s necessary in my life. One day, I read a book about simple life by David Thorou, which was about he built his house without any technology by himself. His belief was “Simple life”. That means, we all can live without technology, but after using them, we became lazy and didn’t want to lose them because of its conveniences. So he gave up all of his life, went to the mountain and lived in his house which he made by himself. I totally agree with that. We all can live without them in at point that all of technologies are disappeared. It will be big changes; no newspaper, no TV and no cars. It can be fun in my opinion. It means that my life will be little more annoying. But our lives are going to be healthy and safe. We even don’t know about our neighbors. Our life is too desolated. It’s all because of the technology. With it, my life is more convenient, but there are also many problems. Anyway, technology is changing every day. If I buy a brand new laptop now, it also means my new computer is out of date. Day by day, it’s getting developed. That’s the reason that pop culture and technology are connected. People have feeling that they don’t want to be left behind. If there come new I-pod, everyone interest in that. It’s connected with fashion and trend. The desire of people that don’t want to be left behind link pop culture with technology.

3 comments:

Katerina said...

I agree with you..If we want,we can life with out technology.But it means that our whole life will change, but we can,like the people before many years ago..!

Min said...

I do agree with, Dee!!!!!
A long time ago, people lived without any technology, but now we feel like we cannot live with it even a day. Also, I might read the book 'simple life'

SaruuL said...

i like youre picture DEE. looks really intresting. i think we can live without technology because long time ago there wasnt no technology